Handbrake is a free, cross-platform video converter. It is used to compress and prepare MP4 videos. With the Handbrake rip DVD feature, you can convert video from almost any format successfully. Handbrake did promise to offer simple easy and fast service.
Table of Contents
It is considered to be a great program for improving encoding. For example, your iPhone might play 4k video but your Smart TV cannot. To avoid these you can easily convert the video with the help of the Handbrake in your prescribed format.
It is rip DVD convert DVDs to MPEG at no cost. The most attractive feature of Handbrake is that it alters the quality of the video according to the final result we wish. Eric Petit developed Handbrake to make the ripping film from DVD to Data storage device easier.
What is Handbrake?
In simple terms, It is considered to be an incredibly impressive and efficient video encoder for all of the MPEG-4 ripping needs. In this tutorial, we will learn more about Handbrake. How rip DVD? Also, get an answer on whether handbrake is safe or not? Handbrake download? Handbrake Blu-ray features. Answers to all these questions you will find below.
You may also Like: How to Install Handbrake on Windows Step-by-Step.
Features of Handbrake
Earlier you saw the history and the basic knowledge regarding handbrake. Here we will look into the features of handbrake and their uses:
- Rip a DVD or Blu-ray:
With the help of the Handbrake rip DVD feature, we can rip the movie quite easily. While ripping the video the most important is the quality of the rip. If the video needs to be in high quality then you must rip the file in HD Quality. However, when the quality does not matter to you, you must rip the file for a lesser quality.
Steps to Rip DVDs are as follows:
- Insert the Disc in your device
- In the handbrake software, click on Source option and select the DVD
- After the scanning takes place, select the location you want to store by clicking on the Browse option
- Select the Quality as well as the device you wish to see it in
- Click on Start. This will take a while to rip the DVD
- Convert videos into Mp4 while using with iTunes and ios devices:
iTunes and iOS devices only favor MP4 files. Whenever we need to import videos into iOS devices we need to convert it into MP4. Well, the handbrake rip DVD solves the problem. It converts the video to MP4. After the conversion process is complete you can transfer the file into the iOS device.
Steps to convert DVD to MP4 files are as follows:
- Insert the DVD into the system
- Click on Source > Click on Folder
- Change the output settings to MP4
- Under Destination, click on Browse and select the place where you want to save the file
- Click on Start
- Convert a Batch of video files at once:
At times we want to convert several videos at once to save time. For example, a full season of any of the web series. You can convert a batch of videos at once using the Handbrake. The best time of Handbrake batch conversion is overnight as your usage of the device is the least and it can convert at great speed. Convert a batch of files using the Handbrake batch conversion by following these steps:
- Click on Tools option.
- Go to Options.
- Click on Output files.
- Click on Browse in the default path field. And select the area where you want to store the converted files.
- Close the Options window and click on Source.
- Choose the multiple video folder that needs to be converted
- Once the scanning is complete you can click on the Start button and Handbrake batch conversion will begin.
- Batch Encoding, transcoding and video compressing:
It supports batch encoding. Through transcoding, users can customize the output by altering the bit rate, file size. You can also carry out scaling and cropping in the Handbrake batch convert. Video compression is the most important process in video production. A compressed video is willing to take less space in digital storage with no compromise in sound and video quality.
- Add subtitles to a movie file:
Subtitles are needed when we watch a movie or a video in foreign languages. Or when the speed is quick and we fail to grab the speed. Earlier when no subtitles were getting a subbed film would cost a fortune. You will get the subtitles of the film or video through Google.
The subtitles will be in .srt format. Once the subtitles are downloaded you can easily add them into the respective video.
Steps to add subtitles are as follows:
- Open Handbrake and Open the Video.
- Under the Output setting, click on Subtitles Tab.
- Click on Import srt.
- Now open the files in your preferred media player and activate the Subtitles option is done normally.
- Denoise a video:
This feature is used when the sound quality matters a lot. Some noise is specially added into the video to have a great impact whereas some noise is unwanted. Using denoising can be a complex process, but with practice, you can achieve it.
Steps to denoise the video are as follows:
- Under the Output settings, click on the Filters Tab.
- In the Denoise option select either NLMeans — short for ‘non-local means’ — or hqdn3d as your denoiser.
- Select the Preset and the Tune option as well depending upon the quality.
- Improved user interface:
With the new release, the interface for the users has also been updated. There have been tremendous changes which have bought more consistency and usability improvement. Changes such as.
- New presets for Vimeo and Youtube are added.
- AppleTV 4K support has been improved.
- Bugs have been fixed and improvement is done.
- Support high-resolution displays
You may also Like: Handbrake for Android and Handbrake for Portable
Is handbrake Safe?
Handbrake is a well-known program and offers great functions like ripping DVD, therefore, it is safe for Windows 10 and earlier versions and Mac. From May 2 to May 6 of 2018, there was a security warning posted on the website. Handbrake download was affected by Malware, especially for MAC users. Users might have downloaded a version of Trojan malware on the system. Such malware did not occur once but at various times.
Since then the security questions on handbrake download have been asked? People usually keep on asking Is it safe and free from Malware? Is ripping legal? To avoid getting affected with this virus, it is advised to first scan and check that it is malware-free. Even if the link of It downloads it from a reputed source. You can also opt for double protection by installing a safeguard program before download.
It is completely legal. Only if you use it for personal use. However, while using It for commercial use it is unsafe, especially while working with Copyright protection videos.
Hence from all the above information, the big question of what is handbrake is solved. It is a powerful tool. It is best and 100% free. It is loved by people a lot because of the presets. With this brief tutorial on Handbrake, your query regarding what is, the features and is handbrake safe to use is solved. Next, we’ll have a look at How to Install Handbrakes on Windows and Mac devices. Till then Stay Tuned!
Hope you have liked our blog on Features of Handbrake. Suggestions are always welcomed for the blog you looking forward to hearing from us. Like our My e-Learning Hub Facebook Page and Subscribe to our My e-Learning Hub YouTube Channel. Connect with us and Take your Office Productivity to Next Level.